Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Party Party!

Recently, I received a lovely little poem that wished me a happy 21st birthday and asked me to celebrate my 22nd birthday by being... Jenny's Bridesmaid!!!

always following in j's footsteps! more importantly, let's check out the puff paint handiwork
Anyhow, I'm very proud to be the Claflin family member representative, especially since Jenny has always been what I would assume is the equivalent of an older sister, and she was my first Claflin girl cousin (I was her... and her brother Mark's first cousin on our side of the family!).

Unfortch, I'm in Milwaukee for most of the year, and while I thought I would be able to celebrate the engagement and see the photo sesh in the Outerbanks this summer, it turns out I probably won't be there. However, seeing as I have plenty of time to celebrate, I have been able to begin a few of the projects I've been storing away for when the Claflin girls begin this part of our lives!!

One is a super secret surprise that only my grandmother is privy too, so that will be OTB (off the blog) until more/less next June.

However, my recent legality and lack of quality time at the FBC this summer has propelled me to preliminarily plan a family bachelorette party. For many, that may not sound like fun, however, we have a pretty cool set of aunts and cousins. Additionally, the majority of the Claflin girls will not be of age to participate in typical bachelorette debauchery, even though as cousins we are all very close.

So, I got to thinking, there will be a Bridal Shower, but that is always mayhem for everyone involved. A favorite tradition has been Claflin (Mancini) Cousin Sleepovers. We had one with just the girls over winter break at J + M's apartment, and had soo much fun. We all love hanging out at the beach.

And an idea was born. A "just us girls" {family} bachelorette party.

True to my nature, I had a million ideas in my head and got to work with cute menu ideas.

Remember when I said J is getting married on my birthday... next year? There is obviously time to amend plans, etc, but being that it's summer and this could be altered to suit any summer party, I figured I would share some of my ideas!

cake/lemonade for the younger gals/sweet summer centerpieces/fun swizzlers/personalized bar area
orzo salad/sangria/tortellini app/peach & mozz salad/pink lemonade!


No comments:

Post a Comment