Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Camera Ready: DIY


A few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to spice up my DSLR and make a camera strap for it. It turned out like this:



Isn’t leopard print always more fun?

Funny enough, as I went to write this post, I received this in my email:

p.s. can we check out the DIY iPhone cover in the corner?!


DIY camera straps seem to be “in” right now!

Here’s how I made the leopard print and pearl strap seen above!

You will need:

1 ¼ yards of cotton webbing
Two swivel latches
Gold & Black craft paint
Embroidery Thread
Beads and Beading thread
2 Small key rings

To Do:

1.     Free-hand paint gold “spots” onto the webbing. Be liberal and relax on the spots. Obvs, it’s animal print so there’s no right or wrong way!



2.     Add smaller black spots on top of and surrounding the gold spots.


3.     After paint has dried, add beads. I randomly added a few here and there to give the camera strap an extra dimension
4.     Loop the swivel latches onto either end, fold over the ends, and stitch with the embroidery floss. Mark an “x” to solidify the closure.


5.     Attach the small key rings to the ends of the camera, clip on the strap, and start shooting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment