Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Design Inspirations

Talk about bargains. Naturally, I went on Craigslist and Ebay to see if I could possibly find chairs that looked like the ones I found in Dragonfly that I wrote about the other day. When I originally wrote this, I was going to say that I didn't find the chairs, but I did find some other great deals.... and then I found the chairs!!!!! ~

Mid-century Modern Upholstered Armchairs

{via pinterest}

Happy Weekend! 


Splurge: Landon Armchair, Pottery Barn, $999- $1,299 depending on fabric grade

{source}



Steal: Dragonfly Milwaukee via Craigslist, $65 each or $120 for both

{source}
When I posted this picture on my mom's Facebook page to show her I had found the chairs online, my friend Mallory commented that they reminded her of Austin Powers Goldmember. I agreed, which is why I would most certainly be recovering these beauties if I could get my hands on them.



1950's Caned Armchairs

{via pinterest}


Splurge: Antiques du Monde, Set of 4 caned armchairs, $6,800

{source}

Steal: Craigslist, $35 for set of two

{source}

Obviously the "steal" chairs would need some sprucing up, but I personally like the slight stylistic difference more, and for someone starting out or in a small space, they would be super cute!


Vintage Wood Trunk


{via pinterest}

I would put these trunks at the foot of the beds rather than the wicker ones shown above!

Splurge: English Accent Antiques Camphorwood Trunk via 1stdibs.com, $6,750

{source}

Steal: Vintage Wood Chest via Craigslist, $150

{source}
I especially love the sailboat etching on the steal trunk! 

1960's Herman Miller Chairs


{via pinterest}
{via pinterest}



















Splurge: Area 51 via 1stdibs.com set of 4 1960's Herman Miller Eames Side Chairs, $6,000
{source}
Steal: BoomBox Designs via Craigslist, Pair of 1960's Herman Miller Eames Side Chairs, $350

{source}

No comments:

Post a Comment