Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trending Trim: Scalloped Hems

Maybe it's the prepster in me, or the underlying desire to get back to good ole New England as soon as possible (two weeks!), but I cannot help but fall head over heels for scalloped hems! I first encountered scalloped hems for this upcoming season on a perfectly purple J. Crew skirt a few weeks back while in J. Crew with my sister. We had made a quick run to the store for a t-shirt and an iPhone case while my dad (who was in town visiting) was having his iPad and iPhone fixed in the Apple store nearby. Molly, my sister, nearly had to drag me out of J. Crew before I maxed out our dad's credit card on the entire store. Yet, of all the pieces I fell in love with- and, as per usual, there were many- I could not get that skirt out of my head! Sure enough, J. Crew is now selling a scalloped-hem pair of shorts in a bright, hot red that I also severely desire for this summer. The one predicament I have, however, is that while I could pull off the skirt at work, I'm not sure if the shorts will fit in with my Milwaukee summer attire. I may be ridiculed slightly for how preppy they are but, to quote the ever lovely Meryl Streep at the Oscars this past Sunday night, "but whatever!" (said with a sassy smile-smirk combo). Back on track~ here are my scalloped-hem musings below!

{1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7}
And can we just gawk for a second over how adorably chic the Marni dress is?!

No comments:

Post a Comment